Be charmed by
Sea Kayaking in Mauritius
Mauritius is an idyllic location for Sea Kayaking (like a canoe). It ‘s beautiful vast protected lagoons offer great paddling experiences.
From mangroves mazes to river mouths, as well as huge crystal clear lagoons & isolated islets.
And for the more experienced paddlers, open water crossings are available.
Map to Departure point
Sit on top day tripping polythelyne kayaks
- 6 Ocean Kayaks Zest Duo
- 5 RTM double Treck2
- 2 RTM single Treck1
- 3 RTM single Tempo
Sea kayaking courses
Kayak courses under the supervision of a BCU coach. Ratio- 1 instructor to 8 participants.
Star 1 Course (*) – 2.5 hours
- Introduction to the equipment – sea kayak
- Proper posture while kayaking (Contact points)
- Getting in and out of a capsized kayak
- Assisting someone to empty their kayak and stabilize the kayak
- Edging and Leaning
- Forward paddling
Star 2 Course (**) – 4 hours (Star 1 mandatory)
- Turning techniques without using a rudder (Sweeps, Bow rudder, Cross bow rudder, Stern rudder)
- Using a paddle float
- Backward Paddling
- Lateral draw strokes
- Towing (Tow lines and contact tows)
Star 3 Course (***) – 6 hrs (Star 2 mandatory)
- Putting it all into use in windy and rougher conditions
- Rock hopping and caves
- Safety drills (Quick rescues, Unconscious paddler etc.)
- Basics Eskimo rolling
Kindly please contact us.