Be charmed by
Sea Kayaking in Mauritius
Mauritius is an idyllic location for Sea Kayaking (like a canoe). It ‘s beautiful vast protected lagoons offer great paddling experiences.
From mangroves mazes to river mouths, as well as huge crystal clear lagoons & isolated islets.
And for the more experienced paddlers, open water crossings are available.
Paddle through the mangroves of ile d`Ambre & soak in the peace and quite. Learn about this fascinating plant and it’s vital role in the marine eco system. Visit the ruins & forest of this tranquil islet and discover its history. The full day will continue for a picnic lunch and a swim at Bernache island.
Duration of half day: meeting at the winners supermarket of Goodlands 9 am finishing around 1 pm.
Sit on top day tripping polythelyne kayaks
- 6 Ocean Kayaks Zest Duo
- 5 RTM double Treck2
- 2 RTM single Treck1
- 3 RTM single Tempo
Sea kayaking courses
Kayak courses under the supervision of a BCU coach. Ratio- 1 instructor to 8 participants.
Star 1 Course (*) – 3 hours
- Introduction to the equipment – sea kayak
- Proper posture while kayaking (Contact points)
- Getting in and out of a capsized kayak
- Assisting someone to empty their kayak and stabilize the kayak
- Edging and Leaning
- Forward paddling
Star 2 Course (**) – 5 hours (Star 1 mandatory)
- Turning techniques without using a rudder (Sweeps, Bow rudder, Cross bow rudder, Stern rudder)
- Using a paddle float
- Backward Paddling
- Lateral draw strokes
- Towing (Tow lines and contact tows)
Star 3 Course (***) – 10 hrs (Star 2 mandatory)
- Putting it all into use in windy and rougher conditions
- Rock hopping and caves
- Safety drills (Quick rescues, Unconscious paddler etc.)
- Basics Eskimo rolling