Be charmed by
Sea Kayaking in Mauritius
Mauritius is an idyllic location for Sea Kayaking. It ‘s beautiful vast protected lagoons offer great paddling experiences.
From mangroves mazes to river mouths, as well as huge crystal clear lagoons & isolated islets.
And for the more experienced paddlers, open water crossings are available.
Paddle through the mangroves of ile d`Ambre & soak in the peace and quite. Learn about this fascinating plant and it’s vital role in the marine eco system. Visit the ruins & forest of this tranquil islet and discover its history. The full day will continue for a picnic lunch and a swim at Bernache island.
Duration of half day: meeting at the winners supermarket of Goodlands 9 am finishing around 1 pm.
Duration of Full day: meeting at the winners supermarket of Goodlands 9 am ending at 15 hrs.
Sit on top day tripping polythelyne kayaks
- 10 Ocean Kayaks Zest Duo
- 1 RTM Tempo
- 2 Ckayak Malachite
Sea kayaking courses
Kayak courses under the supervision of a BCU coach. Ratio- 1 instructor to 8 participants.
Star 1 Course (*) – 3 hours
- Introduction to the equipment – sea kayak
- Proper posture while kayaking (Contact points)
- Getting in and out of a capsized kayak
- Assisting someone to empty their kayak and stabilize the kayak
- Edging and Leaning
- Forward paddling
Star 2 Course (**) – 5 hours (Star 1 mandatory)
- Turning techniques without using a rudder (Sweeps, Bow rudder, Cross bow rudder, Stern rudder)
- Using a paddle float
- Backward Paddling
- Lateral draw strokes
- Towing (Tow lines and contact tows)
Star 3 Course (***) – 10 hrs (Star 2 mandatory)
- Putting it all into use in windy and rougher conditions
- Rock hopping and caves
- Safety drills (Quick rescues, Unconscious paddler etc.)
- Basics Eskimo rolling